When it comes to innovation and experimentation, ideas are only half of the challenge. Donna Kastner, founder of Retirepreneur, joins this week’s session to explore the other half: implementation. She and Beth delve into experimentation and how to get from a conversation about an idea to an actual product. Donna explains how to design a conversation that puts everyone on a level playing field and leads to exploring the “why” behind the idea — without jumping to tactics too quickly. She and Beth discuss how a hackathon can create an impact anywhere from a conference to just within your organization and bring people together to solve, or “hack,” a problem.
- Why “Shark Tank” probably isn’t the most realistic model to follow when it comes to experimenting with a new idea
- The importance of patience
- How to try a mini hackathon at your organization
- How to ensure an idea is actionable
- Why you shouldn’t be afraid to have a “the sky is the limit” mentality
- When having a conversation facilitator could be helpful
- Email Donna at Donna@Retirepreneur.com
- Retirepreneur website
- Find Donna on LinkedIn
- Follow Donna on Twitter
- Donna’s article about event learning
- Hackathon at Convening Leaders – “A Beautiful Chaos” article
- Hackathon Design Playbook ebook
Enjoy Driving Participation! If the program is helpful to you, please subscribe in iTunes to have sessions sent to you as they go live. And please consider leaving a review in iTunes as well. Reviews help other organizations find the show and learn from these terrific stories.