Even for an organization as big as the Red Cross, having a team of volunteers with a wide set of skills can make a huge difference — especially today in digital communications and social media. Sara Falconer, director of digital communications at Canadian Red Cross, joins this session to talk about how the organization created a training system that allows digital volunteers to lead the charge in the next wave of social media ambassadors. Whether it’s lending social media assistance or graphic design expertise, the organization strives to ensure volunteers feel like they’re making a real difference.
- The merits of a shared editorial calendar
- How to encourage experimentation with new programs
- Balancing giving volunteers autonomy and maintaining company standards and language
- The payoff of giving volunteers room to try new skills and projects
- How a formal onboarding and training process can empower volunteers and make them feel more prepared
Enjoy Driving Participation! If the program is helpful to you, please subscribe in iTunes to have sessions sent to you as they go live. And please consider leaving a review in iTunes as well. Reviews help other organizations find the show and learn from these terrific stories.