Amelia Kohm, founder of Data Viz for Nonprofits, joins this session to dig into data and visualization. How does data visualization make a difference? Is an infographic the same as data visualization? She explains how a simple chart or graph can tell a story and why some forms of visualization translate better than others. She and Beth explore how to know what type of data visualization to use to communicate the idea you’re trying to share, how data can be better used to improve an organization, and more.
- How Amelia defines data visualization
- The two superpowers every organization has — even if they don’t know it
- How can organizations better use data to improve?
- What is “dirty data”?
- The difference between data processing and data
- What are the differences and the similarities between an infographic and data visualization?
- The dangers of data aversion
- Email Amelia at email@example.com
- Find Amelia on Twitter
- Data Viz for Nonprofits website
- Chapin Hall website
- Andrew Abella’s “Chart Suggestions – A Thought Starter” PDF
- Data Viz for Nonprofits 60-second Data Tips
- Tableau software
Enjoy Driving Participation! If the program is helpful to you, please subscribe in iTunes to have sessions sent to you as they go live. And please consider leaving a review in iTunes as well. Reviews help other organizations find the show and learn from these terrific stories.