When you’re in charge of doing just about everything related to communications and marketing for your organization, it may be easy to feel overwhelmed — but not if you can figure out a way to make it work for you and the organization. Stephen Barker wears a lot of hats in his roles as director of marketing communications at Marillac St. Vincent Family Services and communications co-chair of YNPN Chicago. He is responsible for tasks including website management, social media, public relations, video and digital content and more. He joins in to share his advice on how to stay organized when your to-do list feels like it’s overflowing.
- What does a nonprofit marketer need today to be able to do an effective job?
- How to find people you can turn to when you need help with something outside of your skillset
- What kind of problems can come up when a nonprofit expects one person to have a large breadth of services?
- The importance of self care and being kind to yourself when you’re under pressure
- How do you build skills in areas you aren’t naturally strong?
- Why you should be willing to make mistakes
- Follow Stephen on Twitter @svenbark
- Follow YNPN Chicago on Twitter: @YNPNChicago and @MSVChicago
- Marillac St. Vincent Family Services website
- YNPN Chicago website
Enjoy Driving Participation! If the program is helpful to you, please subscribe in iTunes to have sessions sent to you as they go live. And please consider leaving a review in iTunes as well. Reviews help other organizations find the show and learn from these terrific stories.