David Rhode didn’t set out with the intention of his organization, Pitch In For Baseball, to become known for its disaster relief efforts. However, the work they do in providing softball and baseball equipment to communities with kids in need played a role as the organization was founded right after Hurricane Katrina. David joins in this session to talk about how a sense of urgency can elevate the importance of your organization’s mission and message, as well as attract a new audience. He and Beth discuss the organization’s communications program, how Pitch In collaborates with larger organizations, and more.
- How social media interactions translate to involvement
- Creating effective relationships with larger organizations for collaborations
- How to create loyalty with a younger generation that creates a relationship beyond the college resume
- Finding the piece of your mission that inspires a sense of urgency
- How to bring an audience into the broader mission of your work
- Pitch In For Baseball website
- Pitch In For Softball website
- Revisit David’s first session Managing a Nonprofit: Keys to Success
Enjoy Driving Participation! If the program is helpful to you, please subscribe in iTunes to have sessions sent to you as they go live. And please consider leaving a review in iTunes as well. Reviews help other organizations find the show and learn from these terrific stories.