When you’re in charge of getting the word out about a global event, what should be your first steps? What tools should you use? Lizanne Pando, president of St. Hubert Catholic High School for Girls, served as director of communications for the 2015 World Meeting of Families during Pope Francis’ visit in Philadelphia, and she joins in to discuss the role of social media in the endeavor. She and Beth explore how public relations and social media intersect, how to include more than one language in your communications, and much more.
- What is the role of an influencer today?
- How to utilize social media volunteers during large-scale events
- How do you choose the right influencers to work with?
- How are social media and public relations similar or different? How do they intersect?
- Experimenting with social media platforms
- Why you shouldn’t be afraid to “think big” and ask influencers to come on board
- Email Lizanne: LizannePando@gmail.com
- Find Lizanne on Twitter at @SHLizanne
- St. Hubert Catholic High School for Girls
- World Meeting of Families
- Revisit Session 151: Communication Starts with Trust with Janine Guglielmino and Myriam Siftar
Enjoy Driving Participation! If the program is helpful to you, please subscribe in iTunes to have sessions sent to you as they go live. And please consider leaving a review in iTunes as well. Reviews help other organizations find the show and learn from these terrific stories.