When RoiAnn Phillips became the communications director for HealthConnect One, a newly created position, she had some questions to work out. Namely, what will that mean for the organization? What value will this role bring? She joins Beth to discuss her new position and how she got there, even with an unconventional background as a theater major. She explains why amplification and cohesion were important for her to bring to the organization in her role as well as create trusting relationships with her colleagues.
- Misconceptions about what marketing really means
- The two important components of the role of communications director
- Why creating relationships with your colleagues — especially in other departments — is crucial
- How to educate yourself when you don’t come from a traditional marketing background
- Navigating the relationship between development and marketing
- What questions should you be asking yourself about your organization?
- HealthConnect One
- Email RoiAnn: email@example.com
- Find RoiAnn on Twitter
- Revisit Chris Blockus’ session: How Extreme Audience Focus Led to Explosive Event Growth
- Wonder: Strategies For Good
- Revisit Marlene Olivera’s session: Introducing a Theme for Your Annual Report
Enjoy Driving Participation! If the program is helpful to you, please subscribe in iTunes to have sessions sent to you as they go live. And please consider leaving a review in iTunes as well. Reviews help other organizations find the show and learn from these terrific stories.