How can knowing who is coming to your events change how you hold events in the future? Chris Blockus learned firsthand — by applying lessons from our Master Class on Audience Focus — how knowing your audience can transform the events you want them to attend. He was able to take data from his town’s first Girls’ Night Out event and use it to make the second one even better — from finding the right attendees, getting vendors and businesses on board and developing an exciting theme for the night. The result? Participation jumped by 50 percent.
- How to use Excel to properly name sort and why that’s helpful
- Getting people beyond the “grab your friend and drag them over” stage of participation
- How personalized emails and phone calls can be beneficial
- Focusing your audience for a big event
- Catering an event to a primary audience — like business owners — as well as potential guests
- Techniques to determine the demographics of your ideal event attendees
- Find Chris on Twitter @ChrisBlockus and LinkedIn
- Downtown Somerville Alliance
- Tapestry Segmentation by Esri
- Chris’ wife’s blog
Enjoy Driving Participation! If the program is helpful to you, please subscribe in iTunes to have sessions sent to you as they go live. And please consider leaving a review in iTunes as well. Reviews help other organizations find the show and learn from these terrific stories.