Will Dennis wants people in leadership positions to come from a place of “yes.” With a background in theater and improvisation, Will, manager of the Prep Fund at St. Joseph’s Preparatory School, knows the notion of “yes” and taking a risk on an idea is paramount — and often pays off. He believes in the value of conversation in determining what drives people’s participation with an organization and creating a real relationship. For those who want their organization to start taking more risks, he gives listeners who want start making a difference a two-part challenge and shares advice on how change starts from anywhere.
He and Beth discuss:
- How companies can use the techniques of improv
- Why failure doesn’t always mean what you think it means
- How to create genuine relationships in a time when communication is done over email
- How can you start to learn to think about risks?
- Ways you can help create an environment where risk is supported and encouraged
- Why calling someone by name can make a difference in a conversation
- Email Will at WilliamJDennis@gmail.com or at WDennis@SJPrep.org
- Follow Will on Twitter at @WilliamJDennis
- St. Joe’s Prep website
- Revisit Session 153 with Anika Rahman
Enjoy Driving Participation! If the program is helpful to you, please subscribe in iTunes to have sessions sent to you as they go live. And please consider leaving a review in iTunes as well. Reviews help other organizations find the show and learn from these terrific stories.