What makes a good leader? Sandy Rees from Get Fully Funded jumps in this week to talk about getting into the mindset of being a good leader — especially if you don’t see yourself as one at first. Leaders set the tone of the organization, and Sandy gives tips about how to buy into yourself as a leader. For those starting a new nonprofit, she talks about the importance of finding staff and volunteers who believe in the organization’s mission as much as you do and are willing to put in the time and talent to get the organization off the ground. She talks about mistakes people make with volunteers, how to build participation within a new organization, and more.
She and Beth discuss:
- Why your nonprofit is like your child
- The leader’s role of focusing on the lives the organization is changing, not the money the organization needs
- What Sandy sees as signs of good leadership
- What makes other staff or board members feel the need to step in to lead
- How a leader can effectively communicate the organization’s mission to others
Enjoy Driving Participation! If the program is helpful to you, please subscribe in iTunes to have sessions sent to you as they go live. And please consider leaving a review in iTunes as well. Reviews help other organizations find the show and learn from these terrific stories.