So a donor made a gift… Now what? Gail Perry from Fired-Up Fundraising joins in to talk about the post-donation experience. What kind of communication should you use for this donor? What should your message be? How do you invite the donor in and build an emotional connection? Gail answers these questions and more. She discusses different communications strategies, how to put the “fun” in fundraising events, why nonprofits shouldn’t be afraid of email and the benefits of a print newsletter. She explains why a “thank you” card to a donor can go a long way — as long as it’s done correctly.
She and Beth discuss:
- Gail’s five steps to close a major gift
- What should your goal be when you’re communicating with donors?
- Why communication preferences matter
- Why you shouldn’t be afraid to email more
- What Gail recommends as a post-gift experience
- How you can create an effective print newsletter
- Email Gail at GP@GailPerry.com
- Fired-Up Fundraising and Gail’s website
- Making Money with Donor Newsletters by Tom Ahern on Amazon
- The Agitator blog
- Session 143: Think Small: Experiments in Personalization with the Drexel Fund team
- Session 133: Developing Your Audience Focus with Jeff Miles
Enjoy Driving Participation! If the program is helpful to you, please subscribe in iTunes to have sessions sent to you as they go live. And please consider leaving a review in iTunes as well. Reviews help other organizations find the show and learn from these terrific stories.