The very words used to give Yesenia Sotelo the same feeling as going to the gym: something you should do but you save it for another day because it seems too daunting. Now, she helps people learn how to understand it and, more importantly, how to use it in ways that are most helpful. She joins Beth on Driving Participation to talk about how to use Google Analytics to figure out things such as what pages are most successful, what emails are making a profit and how to judge the success of tools you likely use every day. She explains why using Google Analytics actually gives you more room to experiment and try new things as far as how you reach people — and then how to determine what worked or didn’t work.
She and Beth discuss:
- How is Google Analytics relevant to nonprofits in this busy world of today’s marketing?
- The six terms Yesenia teaches everyone about Google Analytics
- Why is it normal for a nonprofit to have an 80% bounce rate?
- How has Google changed as far as limiting who sees your search history and how does that affect your analytics?
- Yesenia’s advice about search engine optimization and what keywords you should really be using
- How Google Analytics can help you understand the people on your email list
- SmartCause Digital website
- More about Google Analytics
- MailChimp: www.mailchimp.com
- Contact Yesenia: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find her on Twitter: @SilverBell
Enjoy Driving Participation! If the program is helpful to you, please subscribe in iTunes to have sessions sent to you as they go live. And please consider leaving a review in iTunes as well. Reviews help other organizations find the show and learn from these terrific stories.