What’s the word with WordPress? If anyone would know, it’s Andy Stitt from Deliberate Media Solutions who joins in this week to talk about the popular content management system and how it’s grown in the last few years. He and Beth explore how the site has evolved from a blogging platform to a tool nonprofits should consider for building their website. How do you know if it’s the right platform for you? They discuss plugins, incorporating themes, and why with web, you should always assume something will go wrong (and how to be prepared when it does). They discuss how to avoid trouble with plugins, when incorporating a theme is a good idea and how to make sure your work is always saved.
- How has WordPress transformed from a blogging platform into something that a nonprofit should consider for building their site?
- How can you make sure your website doesn’t stay static?
- Where does participation come into play from a technical standpoint?
- What is the critical difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org? And which should you be using?
- What are the different functions between a theme and a plugin?
- When should you have a theme? And what kind of theme should you choose?
- What are the best practices for plugins?
- Andy’s website: deliberatemediasolutions.com
- Find Andy on Twitter: @AndyWPDev
- Revisit Margaux O’Malley’s episode about Drupal: iriscreative.com/dp104
Enjoy Driving Participation! If the program is helpful to you, please subscribe in iTunes to have sessions sent to you as they go live. And please consider leaving a review in iTunes as well. Reviews help other organizations find the show and learn from these terrific stories.