You probably use some form of social media, whether for personal use or for your organization. Janet Fouts joins the show to explore how mindfulness when it’s applied to social media is different than just “doing” social media. Janet, CEO of Tatu Digital Marketing, talks about how just scheduling automated posts without followup engagement can sometimes be detrimental to really letting your followers get to know you as not just a brand but a person. They want to know they’re dealing with a real human being. Janet reminds listeners there are ways to take a mindful approach to social media while still being efficient and practical.
She and Beth discuss:
- Why she’s “done with coding”
- The difference between mini-tasking and multi-tasking
- How to shift your social media marketing from autopilot into a more mindful approach
- How taking a moment on social media to say “thank you” can make a big difference
- Personalizing your voice on social media can make people get to know you better
- Why Janet believes “specialization is the way to go”
- How livestreaming can be helpful but only if it’s done right
Enjoy Driving Participation! If the program is helpful to you, please subscribe in iTunes to have sessions sent to you as they go live. And please consider leaving a review in iTunes as well. Reviews help other organizations find the show and learn from these terrific stories.