With the emergence of social media, the environment around volunteering has become more dynamic. Social networks give organizations and nonprofits new opportunities to connect with volunteers. This technology is not only about helping volunteers with projects and initiatives, it’s also opening up a conversation with those who have not previously engaged. This week, Karen Bantuveris, CEO of VolunteerSpot, joined Driving Participation to discuss how nonprofits can use social networks to identify and build relationships with potential volunteers.
Beth and Karen discuss:
- using social media to promote opportunities and recruit volunteers
- harnessing expertise through your volunteer network
- building a social media content calendar + marketing plan
- Email Karen: email@example.com
- Find Karen on Twitter: @VSpotMom
- VolunteerSpot | Facebook | Pinterest
- If This Then That
- Click to Tweet
Enjoy Driving Participation! If the program is helpful to you, please subscribe in iTunes to have sessions sent to you as they go live. And please consider leaving a review in iTunes as well. Reviews help other organizations find the show and learn from these terrific stories.