A good organization should always be looking stand out in the social media crowd. That’s why Howard Lake, publisher of Fundraising UK, joins Driving Participation to talk about the types of images that are attracting the most attention. He explains that plain text posts can be lost fairly easily, so adding neat artistic elements to your posts can generate better engagement. Whether it is a picture from a supporter at an event, a staged shot, or even just text set to a colorful background, images help tell your story in more creative ways. There a plenty of free and paid tools that are easy for use for any skill level. Once you find the tools and strategies that work for you, Howard explains that it simply takes practice and experimentation to create the best content. An organization’s best assets are its mission and the stories they provide – highlight them by infusing them with visual expertise and sharing them with your publics.
Howard and beth discuss:
- Useful tools to track engagement online
- The best elements to include in social media images
- Ways to involve everyone in your organization in images
- Online tools for both desktop and mobile image creation
- How creating a “postcard” can be an excellent and easy social media strategy
- Connect with Howard on Twitter
- UK Fundraising Homepage and Twitter
- Engagement Trackers: TweetDeck, Google Alerts, TalkWalker
- Design Tools: Canva, Pablo, Wordswag
Enjoy Driving Participation! If the program is helpful to you, please subscribe in iTunes to have sessions sent to you as they go live. And please consider leaving a review in iTunes as well. Reviews help other organizations find the show and learn from these terrific stories.