We know there is a landing page and a homepage on a website, but what is the difference? Brian Massey, the Conversion Scientist, joins Beth this week to answer that question and explain why it’s important to know the difference between the two pages. Brian talks about how you can really guide action just from your website, which is why it’s important to make sure these pages are optimized to give people exactly what they’re looking for when they visit your website. He also brings up the role of design and why making something “pretty” is not design’s most important job.
- How is participation different in conversion?
- What two jobs does the design of a website have?
- What are the first steps in understanding how to use Google Analytics?
- What is the purpose of a landing page?
- Why you should avoid “we-we-ing” your website
- What’s working to get people to give a legitimate email address for information about you?
- What is the main role of design in conversion?
- Brian’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Conversion Sciences
- Crazy Egg
- “Waiting for Your Cat to Bark?” by Bryan and Jeffrey Eisenberg
Enjoy Driving Participation! If the program is helpful to you, please subscribe in iTunes to have sessions sent to you as they go live. And please consider leaving a review in iTunes as well. Reviews help other organizations find the show and learn from these terrific stories.