The difference between Robert, Bobby, Bob, and Rob is a big one when making sure you’re addressing someone correctly. That’s where a style guide comes into play. Kivi Leroux Miller, president of NonprofitMarketingGuide.com, is featured this week to talk about the importance of a style guide in the everyday life of your organization. She discusses the creation of a style guide, when and how you use it, and its benefits in the long run. She and Beth talk about the three main directions of a style guide and how each one has its unique purposes, and when they can all be used together. A style guide can come in handy when beginning a rebranding campaign and keeping your audience connected.
- What is a marketing bank?
- What are the three style guides you should work on?
- Why including specific guidelines about factors such as font is important
- How you actually create a style guide, from writing to design
- Using a style guide to better connect with your audience and members
- How far can you go with a style guide?
- Kivi’s website: http://www.nonprofitmarketingguide.com/resources/
- Kivi’s books on Amazon: “Content Marketing for Nonprofits: A Communications Map for Engaging Your Community, Becoming a Favorite Cause and Raising More Money” and “The Nonprofit Marketing Guide: High Impact, Low Cost Ways to Build Support for Your Good Cause”
- Entrepreneur on Fire podcast: http://www.entrepreneuronfire.com
- Marketing Bank guide: http://www.nonprofitmarketingguide.com/resources/nonprofit-marketing-bank/
- Kivi’s Alltop page: http://my.alltop.com/kivilm
Enjoy Driving Participation! If the program is helpful to you, please subscribe in iTunes to have sessions sent to you as they go live. And please consider leaving a review in iTunes as well. Reviews help other organizations find the show and learn from these terrific stories.