The year is coming to an end, which means it’s the perfect time for you to make the most of your year-end campaign. Sandy Rees of Get Fully Funded joins Beth this week to talk about what you should be doing from today to Dec. 31 to really push your annual giving campaign. Sandy shares invaluable tips and ideas for the days leading up the end of the year, including in emails, phone calls and social media. Making calls and thanking your donors are tips that you have heard on previous sessions, but Sandy explains why it is so important that you do so. Using social media and storytelling tips will especially come in handy in connecting with potential donors. Go beyond the “You will get a tax deduction!” approach and move more to a personal storytelling approach and see the difference.
Sandy gives tips about:
- How often should you be posting on social media for your annual appeal?
- What should the content of your message really focus on?
- What are some different angles of storytelling that are most effective? Can you repeat a story?
- How can you use Facebook to direct people to your website and donate?
- How making an editorial calendar can help you focus on your message more clearly
- What are some of the most important ways to show active appreciation for people giving throughout an annual campaign and beyond?
- Why recycling stories is not a bad thing
- Get Fully Funded: http://getfullyfunded.com/
- Sandy’s contact information: http://getfullyfunded.com/author/sandy-rees/
- Nonprofit Toolkit: http://www.nonprofittoolkit.net/
- Annual Appeal Q&A session with Beth and Sandy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLjdRWrrHmE
Enjoy Driving Participation! If the program is helpful to you, please subscribe in iTunes to have sessions sent to you as they go live. And please consider leaving a review in iTunes as well. Reviews help other organizations find the show and learn from these terrific stories.