Go beyond a simple search and use Google for your nonprofit. Beth is joined by Stephanie Cockerl this week to talk about AdWords, Google Grants, and other technological advances that you might not have heard of or be as familiar with. Cockerl, president of nextSTEPH, talks about how to really hone in on technology to reap the full benefits. Google Grants, for instance, can provide your organization an extra $10,000 per month, all you need to do is learn how. Beth and Stephanie talk about why there is still value in print campaigns despite all the technological improvements in reaching your donors. They discuss the ways nonprofits especially can take advantage of Google Grants, and how to successfully complete the application for it.
Hear Stephanie talk about:
- What are Google grants, and how can it help your organization?
- How does a keyword relate to a campaign, and why is it important?
- How do you write an effective ad? What information is most important to draw people to your organization?
- What are the advantages of squeeze pages?
- Why are homepages “leaky buckets”?
- What are the constraints of Google Grants?
- The value of landing pages—what they are, how they work, and how they help you know if you’re reaching your goals
- Google Grants: http://www.google.com/grants/
- Google AdWords: http://www.google.com/adwords/?sourceid=awo&subid=ww-et-awhp_nelsontest3_nel_p&clickid
- Partners Program: www.google.com/partners
- Google for Nonprofits: www.google.com/nonprofits
- The Ultimate Guide to Pay-Per-Click Advertising by Brian Todd and Perry Marshall: http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Guide-Pay-Per-Click-Advertising-Series/dp/1599185342
- #PPCchat- Tuesdays, 12 p.m.
- Stephanie’s website: http://www.nextsteph.com/, http://www.stephaniecockerl.com/
Enjoy Driving Participation! If the program is helpful to you, please subscribe in iTunes to have sessions sent to you as they go live. And please consider leaving a review in iTunes as well. Reviews help other organizations find the show and learn from these terrific stories.