We talk about social media all the time. We post on Facebook, we tweet, we put pictures on Instagram. Social media is the top way people learn of new causes to support, and one of them could be yours. But how can you use social media to your advantage for attracting new donors? Justin Ware, Founder of Groundwork Digital, talks to Beth this week about the many social platforms an organization can use to catch the eye of a potential new donor and the virality of a successful campaign. Everyone wants their campaign to go viral, and Justin gives tips on the how to make it happen. And it starts with the addition of an online ambassador program. Finding the right online ambassador for a program can be a challenge, but using resources you already have and others that Justin suggests could help you find that perfect person to spread your message.
He and Beth discuss:
- Why online ambassadors are so successful in driving campaigns to become viral
- How can you create a dynamic online ambassador program for your organization?
- What tools you can use to gauge influence on social media and enhance it
- How can you cater to multichannel donors?
- What types of content are people excited about sharing?
- How do you deliver content to your ambassadors in a way that makes it easy to share?
- What are the benefits of having a toolkit with prewritten social media posts and images that users can share on their networks? What are the consequences?
- Is it worth it to advertise on Facebook?
- Groundwork Digital: https://www.groundworkdigital.com/
- Justin Ware: http://www.justinjware.com
- Small Act: http://smallact.com
- Reverb Social: https://reverbsocial.com/
- People Browsr: http://www.peoplebrowsr.com
- Kred: http://kred.com
- Dunham and Company study on age and online giving
- Klout: https://www.klout.com/home
- Social Toaster: www.socialtoaster.com
- Charity: Water: https://my.charitywater.org/p/toolkitChecklist
- Nielsen Report- “Under the Influence: Consumer Trust in Advertising”
Enjoy Driving Participation! If the program is helpful to you, please subscribe in iTunes to have sessions sent to you as they go live. And please consider leaving a review in iTunes as well. Reviews help other organizations find the show and learn from these terrific stories.