This week we’re telling a story…about telling stories! In the first of a series about how nonprofits can tell effective stories to enhance their communications, Beth speaks with Vanessa Chase from the Storytelling Non-Profit. They discuss how stories are driving participation in nonprofits and organizations. Beth admits, “Everybody can type and put words on a page, it’s sometimes hard to know what this storytelling thing really means.” So Vanessa gives tips on how to get, tell and use stories to drive participation at every level.
- Why is storytelling so good for getting people involved?
- How can you get people in your organization to buy into the storytelling concept?
- How can you extract good stories from case studies and donors?
- How do you tell a really compelling story?
- Where can you put your stories to work?
- Vanessa Chase http://www.thestorytellingnonprofit.com/
- The Art of Explanation by Lee LeFever
- Resonate by Nancy Duarte
Enjoy Driving Participation! If the program is helpful to you, please subscribe in iTunes to have sessions sent to you as they go live. And please consider leaving a review in iTunes as well. Reviews help other organizations find the show and learn from these terrific stories.