With the retail industry’s emphasis on Black Friday, Cyber Monday and recently, Small Business Saturday, Giving Tuesday was launched as an opportunity to promote giving back during the holiday season. Started in 2012 by the 92nd St Y in New York City, #GivingTuesday is the Tuesday after Thanksgiving — this year, that is December 3.
Nonprofits and schools have the opportunity to catch the wave of this national effort. More people who are aware of and value giving is a great thing and the #GivingTuesday website has lots of ideas for activities you can use to capture dollars from this effort.
To help connect the movement to YOU we created a #GivingTuesday social graphic that you can customize easily and quickly.
Here’s what to do:
- Download the file. It’s a Microsoft Word document and should work in 2007-2013. If you have trouble, email me at beth [at] iriscreative.com.
- Add your logo at the top. A PNG or a JPG file work best. You can right-click on the placeholder image and select “Change Picture” or just delete and add your image. You may need to adjust the formatting to get it to appear in the correct space.
- Change the copy in the middle or just add your organization or school’s name.
- Add your donation link. I suggest being specific and sending people directly to the donation page rather than the home page. The link will not be clickable, so remember when you post the image, add a text update as well and repeat the link.
- Convert to an image. In Word this is a two-step process. Save as a PDF, then open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat or your image editor and just resave as a jpg.
For more resources:
Good luck with the launch of your giving season!
Please let me know in the comments if this is helpful and what other tools you can use to make your communications easier. I write occasional articles, create free tools and host in person and webinar events to help drive participation. Subscribe on the right to see what’s coming next.
And please click the share buttons below to help other nonprofits and schools grow donations on #GivingTuesday!