GivingTuesday, the national day of giving on the Tuesday after American Thanksgiving is now in its 4th year. While a baby in the world of fundraising tactics, it’s clearly become a movement worth noting. Blackbaud says that more than 46 million was raised last year on GivingTuesday, so it’s clearly making more than noise.
Giving Tuesday is one of the hottest movements in fundraising, and nonprofits everywhere are taking notice. If you’re planning on creating a Giving Tuesday campaign for this year, Driving Participation has you covered. Over the past 78(!) episodes, we’ve amassed the knowledge and resources from scores of fundraising experts to help any organization to start planning and executing a campaign that gets results. From social media, to graphics, to media buys, to research, Driving Participation has had an expert to discuss the best strategies and examples to paint a clear picture of how to use Giving Tuesday to benefit your organization, and ultimately, your cause. Get your notepad ready and click the links below to turn yourself into a Giving Tuesday expert.
Nonprofit Campaigns 2015
- Barry Martin and the Children’s Organ Transplant Association’s campaign shared by Jordan Lewis
- Heather Durkin and Germantown Academy’s campaign shared by Jessica Holl
- Steve Varnum and The Community Loan Fund’s campaign
- The Philadelphia Cultural Alliance and their STAMP campaign, Tweetchat and 8 Things to Do to Get Ready shared by Alison Zeidman and Michael Norris
Focus on Regional Programs
- Jamie McDonald and her slides with Giving Tuesday checklists
- Bill Moore and information on his campaign with #GiveMiamiDay
- Marlee Honcoop and information on Illinois’ Giving Tuesday campaign
- Pamela Grow and her Giving Tuesday articles, “Should your Nonprofit Bother?” and “Is your Organization Ready?“
- Lynne Wester and her research on Giving Tuesday’s effect on organizations
- John Haydon and his articles on photo sharing campaigns and effective hashtag use
- Justin Ware and his last minute tactics for Giving Tuesday
- Joe Waters and his lessons from retail marketing
- Tony Martignetti’s interview with Asha Curran of 92Y
- Elizabeth Weaver and how to use your products/services to give back
- Rachel Hutchisson with Madeline Turner’s recaps of #BmoreGivesMore and #GivingShoesDay
There is still time to get in on #GivingTuesday this year.
Our 7-Day Social Media Countdown is an easy entry into #GivingTuesday. >> Get it Here!
Download Full Transcript – With bonus content from Heather Brown from Villanova
Enjoy Driving Participation! If the program is helpful to you, please subscribe in iTunes to have sessions sent to you as they go live. And please consider leaving a review in iTunes as well. Reviews help other organizations find the show and learn from these terrific stories.